The growing importance of smartphone is creating a different user experience (digital world vs physical world) and it is even more impactful in the area of commerce and payment sector.
This introductory course on payments and transfers will bring you up to speed on developments in this sector by covering:
- Volume of non-cash transactions is growing faster than the GDP around the world primarily fueled by: a) recovery of US economy and b) adoption of contactless & mobile payments
- More than 50% of the Key Regulatory and Industry Initiatives (KRII) are encouraging innovation and increased competition in order to create customer value
- Immediate or Faster/ Real-Time payment is one of the key catalyst for the Banks to remain competitive and relevant in digital world
- how payments have evolved, key stakeholders and the payment value chain
- how money is made in payments and by who – the economic models and key commercial drivers.
- trends in payments and their implications
At the end of the course, students will learn key terminology used within the industry. They will have a better understanding of the role, value and risks of payments to all stakeholders involved in the payment transaction chain. They will know about the competitive landscape and key players. They will appreciate the implications of emerging payments and channels.
This course is suited for anyone new to the payment industry, or those wishing to get into payments, and require a fast-track introduction.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
What are the prerequisites for the course?
There are no prerequisites to take this course! Students from all backgrounds are encouraged to take this course.
This course is not open for enrollment.